Clear all

I don't receive it my order

14 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Littleadrenaline
(@littleadrenaline)
Topic starter  

I will report to my bank and indiegogo. I am waiting for my product for over 1 year. you blocked my email address... Nice move scammers!

AP756
(@ap756)
Moderator Moderator

Bigadrenalin, it's your right to complain. That's a principle problem with backing new products: You never know what's happening in the process from first scetch to finished product. The only way to avoid such an experience is to only buy ready products. BTW who told you that they are blocking your emails? Just curious. Good luck with sorting out your problem.

Bye for now  Fred

This post was modified 1 week ago by AP756

ReplyQuote
Msurge
(@msurge)

@ap756 it seems that all your responses are quite impolite.  Is there a way that people can request a refund, or are you at all interested in helping people resolve their concerns instead of just providing rude replies to your customers?

I'm still waiting on a response to my email asking for confirmation of my order.  My first email even though I ordered 14 months ago so I thing I've been patient, but to come on to the forums and see how these concerns are addressed by CarDongle representative/moderators is very disappointing.

Given that AA have now released their unit and is available to order through Amazon then I don't see any new backers for CarDongle so you probably worth trying to hold on to your existing customers.

ReplyQuote
AP756
(@ap756)
Moderator Moderator

@msurge, as you may expect, this answer will be impolite 😉. First of all I have no customers, I'm just an unpaid volunteer who is interested to get Cardongle to work for all (including myself). In other words: The table you have to bang on is a few thousand kilometers away ...

If you contact info@cardongle.dev and nobody responds that will have a reason. It's waisting time to elaborate on that again and again. It's a fact that Cardongle had a problem with their email account, with parts delivery, with COVID, with unforseeable lockdowns and with developers somewhere in the world not knowing about the specific problems arising with the permanent changes in Android Auto.

Having said that I want to add: Cardongle has not reached the status we are waiting for and they are aware of that (see update #37). As a backer of a new product designed around Android Auto you had to expect problems. I have to admit I also did not expect delays like that, but as a developer (other products) I know shit can happen.

Regarding polite: You hear what you want to hear and that might be different from what I was saying. I'm no politician, my words have a content, you just have to try to get to the point. I'm no native English person, so I beg your pardon if some content used some non-common words.

Now it's up to you to make the best out of this mess. I wish you the right decision for you.

Bye for now  (long time member of the works council of a 7000+ company)

This post was modified 4 weeks ago by AP756

ReplyQuote
Msurge
(@msurge)

@ap756 So if you're the unhelpful volunteer, then why are you are here?

Could you please tag whoever are the actual CarDongle representatives please so that I can follow up directly with someone who has more vested interests and wants to help with their customers.

ReplyQuote
AP756
(@ap756)
Moderator Moderator

That question is easy to answer: To piss off people who just complain and would do nothing to IMPROVE anything. They are not able to wait and they are just after their own advantage. That's just subversive for the/any project. Thanks for your attention 😉.

Bye for now. Fred

ReplyQuote
Littleadrenaline
(@littleadrenaline)
Topic starter  

@ap756 I got my car dongle after 15 months and now doesn't work? Orange light is ON... even after 20 minutes on my PC... what it is the next step?

ReplyQuote
AP756
(@ap756)
Moderator Moderator

There is an update pending (see #38 update here or on Indiegogo) - announced for today, but not online yet. Be sure to follow "Tutorials & Guides", Details will come asap.

Bye for now  Fred

ReplyQuote
Littleadrenaline
(@littleadrenaline)
Topic starter  

@ap756 thanks for your reply, I tried everything on my PC in 6 USB ports, 2 cars (Honda 2019, Chevrolet 2019) Car dongle is "dead" nothing happened... So no chance for me to fix,reset,update the firmware...

ReplyQuote
AP756
(@ap756)
Moderator Moderator

@littleadrenaline I'm sure we'll get your dongle working. Otherwise you will be the first one who got a killed dongle. My dongle was "dead" at least 4 times (everytime my fault) and I was able to revive it every time. I know that asking for waiting for the next firmware release is not what you hoped for, but if this update is online I'm going to update the thread about updating Cardongle by computer. Following this (not yet) released post your Cardongle will work again.

Bye for now  Fred 

ReplyQuote
Littleadrenaline
(@littleadrenaline)
Topic starter  

@ap756 how can I updating my cardongle if it's not showing up in my PC with Windows 10...? I plugged many devices via USB, the only one who doesn't show it's car dongle...?

ReplyQuote
AP756
(@ap756)
Moderator Moderator

@littleadrenaline Cardongle needs a program to show on your computer. Did you install one of these programs, Mirrorid or Vysor? Both programs allow Cardongle to run on your PC, they include the drivers you need. 

Bye for now  Fred 

ReplyQuote
Littleadrenaline
(@littleadrenaline)
Topic starter  

@ap756 yes both and nothing!

ReplyQuote
AP756
(@ap756)
Moderator Moderator

@littleadrenaline Please deinstall Mirroid and Vysor from your computer and reinstall Vysor again. Give all the privileges to the program (you'll be asked during installation) and try again. To 99% this is a Windows/driver problem. Oh, be patient! It takes 30-40 seconds to boot Cardongle after inserting into USB.

Bye for now  Fred 

ReplyQuote
Share:

We are made up of a team of passionate programmers, industrial designers and Infotainment lovers who wanted to innovate the way Infotainment  is used in modern day vehicles.

Latest Posts

© 2021 Cardongle | All Rights Reserved

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.

You have Successfully Subscribed!