Clear all

Drained Honda CRV Battery

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
donnyp
(@donnyp)
Topic starter  

I have a 2017 Honda CRV - I plugged in the CarDongle and got the basic features working. I left the device plugged in overnight and in the morning the car battery was dead. I was kinda hoping that I wouldn't have to remember to unplug it when I turned off the car. Does anyone else have this problem? is there a fix?

Nokiaman1978
(@nokiaman1978)
Eminent Member

sure its not a coincidence, cd should only be powered and working when car is on and head unit on? was light on cardongle on when you go ito car wthout starting car

ReplyQuote
jojobojo
(@jojobojo)

Nothing you can by as a final product but if you know a bit of elelctronics there are multiple options.

*Make a USB cable that splits power and data and power the dongle from a port that does turn off when car is off.
*Get a voltage cut off controller. I've used one in a Ford vehicle that wasn't shutting off the only 12 port near dash. I think it was meant for solar charging systems. You basically set cut off at 11.9volts and resume at 13v.

I don't have the dongle yet, but if you can install tasker app on it, there might be a way to shut it down number of minutes after BT is disconnected or some other trigger.
Good luck

ReplyQuote
Share:

We are made up of a team of passionate programmers, industrial designers and Infotainment lovers who wanted to innovate the way Infotainment  is used in modern day vehicles.

Latest Posts

© 2021 Cardongle | All Rights Reserved

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.

You have Successfully Subscribed!