13 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
ttlycnfuzd
(@ttlycnfuzd)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Pioneer AVH2300-NEX

As mentioned in other threads, it's as if the head unit doesn't even see the dongle. CD tried to start boot up, but blue ring pulses 2.5 times, then just repeats. Never actually loads up.

Mirroid works just fine.

manuel8420
(@manuel8420)

Pioneer AVH-Z5050BT

Tuve el mismo comportamiento en este modelo de Pioneer. No carga el sistema de CarDongle.

Mirrorid también funciona sin ningún problema.

ReplyQuote
Shevretti
(@shevretti)

AVH-2400NEX

The same problem as described above. I think the Pioneer head unit powers up the USB port for too short time, so the CarDongle can't fully boot before it can actually see the it as Android Auto compatibile device.

ReplyQuote
ttlycnfuzd
(@ttlycnfuzd)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Interesting theory on that one, which might explain the 2.5 blinks. Wonder if it's a case of detect/not detected while the unit is booting?

Are you able to get easy access to the USB port on the back of the head unit? One other thought was that the extension cable might be an issue. I know in the FineDrive manual, they do mention not using with any OTG cables.

Probably no difference, but a thought still.

ReplyQuote
ttlycnfuzd
(@ttlycnfuzd)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

So... it looks like it is a power issue with the Pioneers. I just bought this:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00NIGO4NM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

and it finally booted and allowed me to see the CD on the radio.

Now to get everything else working as it should.

ReplyQuote
r4id
 r4id
(@r4id)

@ttlycnfuzd GPS is working?

ReplyQuote
ttlycnfuzd
(@ttlycnfuzd)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

@r4id - no luck with that. Just finally happy to be able to tinker with it in the car.

ReplyQuote
manuel8420
(@manuel8420)

Hi guys,

I bought a similar cable suggested by @ttlycnfuzd.

I had no luck. Booting is ok but for a reason I don't know it gets stuck in a default background without any icon. Here's a video of that:

Booting video - Stuck in a backgroung

Does anyone have a clue of what's happening?
🙁

ReplyQuote
ttlycnfuzd
(@ttlycnfuzd)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

@manuel8420 - that almost seems like it's not booting to the FineUI properly, as that's a basic Android Auto background. Are you able to access it properly in Mirroid? You haven't tried to force update the Android Auto app on the CD, correct? IF so, that could be part of it as well.

ReplyQuote
manuel8420
(@manuel8420)

HI @ttlycnfuzd,

Yes, I can access Mirrorid. And it seems you're right, I've updated the Android Auto app without noticing it.

What could I do? I don't see a reset option inside Car Dongle and I don't have the original AA app to sideload up.

ReplyQuote
ttlycnfuzd
(@ttlycnfuzd)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

@manuel8420 - you could try going into the play store, and under Android Auto, uninstall updates. Also, if that doesn't work, try downloading another app, like extended settings, that will allow you to go into the proper Android settings menu, and uninstall the update that way.

ReplyQuote
manuel8420
(@manuel8420)

Thank you very much @ttlycnfuzd. Now it's working 😀

ReplyQuote
manuel8420
(@manuel8420)

Hi guys,

Have you had problems when viewing Amazon Prime, Netflix, Disney with a Pioneer device? I can totally see Youtube but for other app there's only a black screen (with sound).

BTW, there's no problem when I use MirrorId in my PC.

Thanks in advanced!

ReplyQuote
Share:

We are made up of a team of passionate programmers, industrial designers and Infotainment lovers who wanted to innovate the way Infotainment  is used in modern day vehicles.

Latest Posts

© 2021 Cardongle | All Rights Reserved

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.

You have Successfully Subscribed!