4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
AP756
(@ap756)
Moderator Moderator
Topic starter  

@admin

Some people (me included) report that the OTA updater got stuck - in my case Cardongle didn't respond anymore for more than 30 minutes. No big problem, the unit restarted after unplugging/replugging and I could proceed with installing programs etc.

But to be sure the update went through I checked with the SmartUdater v1.0.32 and got the report "Already the latest version installed". My request is that the user gets an option to refresh the software, something like "your software seems to be the latest, do you want to refresh anyway?".

The whole Cardongle software is downloaded to the computer (in a temporary folder). Please implement a possibility that the user can keep these files (for users like me essential). Something like "Update completed. Would you like to keep the update files?" If user answers yes, let the program safe these files to a location where the user can pick them up.

Thanks in advance for improving usability

Bye for now  Fred

This topic was modified 7 months ago by AP756

Tommy
(@admin)
Member Admin

Thanks. We will see what we can do!

ReplyQuote
Tommy
(@admin)
Member Admin

You can only upgrade. cannot revert back. If you revert back, then your unit will not be usable. The only thing we can do is test more fully before making releases. Android Auto releases updates every few months, so we must also do the same. It is important that people do the OTA upgrade once it appears. Don't wait until the 2nd time to do the update.

ReplyQuote
AP756
(@ap756)
Moderator Moderator
Topic starter  

@admin Tommy, I don't ask for downgrade, it's just a matter of upgrading again (if the first upgrade wasn't a success).

If the firmware name is altered before all parts are flashed this leaves you with a not fully working unit (what we have now) If the new firmware name is set after checking the update it will be fine.

Bye for now. Fred

ReplyQuote
Share:

We are made up of a team of passionate programmers, industrial designers and Infotainment lovers who wanted to innovate the way Infotainment  is used in modern day vehicles.

Latest Posts

© 2021 Cardongle | All Rights Reserved

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.

You have Successfully Subscribed!