Notifications
Clear all

v1.5 tester units shipping

Page 4 / 5

jerwam
(@jerwam)
Estimable Member

Yeah, I get nothing, well it tries to connect to GPS but doesn't get very far.

gps

This is about as best as it gets.  Which is odd, kinda a backwards step from the dev 1.5 device I have.  That one at least connected to them, but without the proper AA cert, it no longer works in the car.  I'm going to test that on my PC shortly, at least it works in Mirroid.

ReplyQuote
Space_Bison
(@space_bison)
Trusted Member

@Jerwam. It should work in Mirroid as my device did, unless you have a different version than whatever this one is.  I'm stuck waiting for a new firmware I guess..........   

Todd

ReplyQuote
SpursMadDave
(@spursmaddave)
Trusted Member

@jerwam

I don't get the option in setting to connect to car GPS I have factory GPS but I get nothing when I use that option? 

ReplyQuote
AP756
(@ap756)
Moderator Moderator

Dave, if you decide to stop using the internal GPS for now you might try the approach I described here: https://cardongle.dev/community/postid/1489/

It works for both actual V1 and V1.5 using your phone's GPS.

Bye for now  Fred

ReplyQuote
jerwam
(@jerwam)
Estimable Member

For the v1 follow Fred's directions, it's the only way to get GPS working.  I do see a setting that states "use car GPS" in some of the newer firmware, but I've never actually tested that so don't know if it actually works.  I did get the v1 to connect to my cell and use that, so it works.

For the hardware, this is what I get back; so at least it is running a faster process and more ram:

cpu

Now just to figure out why it doesn't want to connect to US Satellites.

Fred, I see you were able to get a full ROM for these devices, made any progress on rooting it?  I have to wonder if my dev v1.5 no longer connected to AA due to the expired cert, and not the root itself.  I haven't tried to root this one.  I might do it once we get a newer firmware that might allow proper connection to GPS.

ReplyQuote
AP756
(@ap756)
Moderator Moderator

You're a bit slow in follwing the forum 😏 . Did you had a chance to read here? https://cardongle.dev/community/postid/1557/

BTW the GPS procedure works on V1.5 too.

Bye for now  Fred

ReplyQuote
jerwam
(@jerwam)
Estimable Member

I saw you mentioned you were going to do a write up, but didn't notice you already did it 🙂

I'll go through it once we are able to determine if it isn't finding satellites simply due to the firmware.  I'd hate to root it and then need to update firmware again.  What others things have you tested on these new shiny 1.5 devices?  I'm sure this one will do most everything you've tested, other then connect to satellites of course.

ReplyQuote
oilexx
(@oilexx)

good afternoon to all

Elio from Italy.

I have received my unit yesterday. I have tried to connect to mirroid in order to update the firmware and, on behalf of a lot of issues in this operation, seems that firmware is now updated.

The problem is that unit doesn't connect to the car. In particular color becames blue (fixed) but nothing happened on the screen. And old version of 1.0 i received last year was correctly recognized by same car.

I don't understand and I felt today the great instinct to scrap this "object" directly from the window of my car but then I remember how much did it cost.......

ReplyQuote
AP756
(@ap756)
Moderator Moderator

Hi Elio, sorry to hear about your connection problem. The latest update seems to be kind of broken. Developers working on that, please be patient. Apart from that you may try something in your car: Start your system and Cardongle. When the blue LED stays steady (after 30-40 sec) please just restart your head unit (mostly just a looong press on the power button or volume control until your head unit restarts). This way you change startup and this procedure might work for now. Let us know what you experience.

Bye for now  Fred.

ReplyQuote
SpursMadDave
(@spursmaddave)
Trusted Member

Posted by: @space_bison

@ Jerwam. I received a "new" something the other day. Not sure if it's a "new tester" or production model. Anyway, after doing the emergency update, (with a little help from your posts and Fred's @AP756) I was able to connect to satellites when connected to my laptop (Mirroid). (I live in Spruce Grove, west of Edmonton.) 

All my happiness in that morning accomplishment has turned to dust though as this device, even with update, does not work at all in my 2018 Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross (only one that ever did was v1.0).

Very jealous of @spursMadDave now as well...... 😉

Don't be jealous, yes it's working but far from perfect, I had a trip to go on today and I went back to my AAWireless device as its never let me down. 

ReplyQuote
SpursMadDave
(@spursmaddave)
Trusted Member

@ap756

I didn't realise there was a working way to use phones GPS, will give it a try and hopefully get a better connection. 

ReplyQuote
SpursMadDave
(@spursmaddave)
Trusted Member

Posted by: @oilexx

good afternoon to all

Elio from Italy.

I have received my unit yesterday. I have tried to connect to mirroid in order to update the firmware and, on behalf of a lot of issues in this operation, seems that firmware is now updated.

The problem is that unit doesn't connect to the car. In particular color becames blue (fixed) but nothing happened on the screen. And old version of 1.0 i received last year was correctly recognized by same car.

I don't understand and I felt today the great instinct to scrap this "object" directly from the window of my car but then I remember how much did it cost.......

Hope you get it sorted, strange that the V1 works but V1.5 doesn't 

ReplyQuote
suzuki
(@suzuki)

The other day, I suddenly received a "CarDongle" wrapped in cushioning material.

Is this V1.0 or V1.5?

OS version2.4.52

SW version2.3.76

It seems that you can connect to the car and watch the video, but other detailed confirmation is yet to be done.

This post was modified 2 weeks ago 2 times by suzuki

ReplyQuote
AP756
(@ap756)
Moderator Moderator

Silver end cap is V1, black endcap is V1.5 (see photo).

Bye for now. Fred

Rickp liked
ReplyQuote
SpursMadDave
(@spursmaddave)
Trusted Member

Just received tracking information from pledge box so I guess this isn't a tester unit it's my actual final device...

ReplyQuote
Page 4 / 5
Share:

We are made up of a team of passionate programmers, industrial designers and Infotainment lovers who wanted to innovate the way Infotainment  is used in modern day vehicles.

Latest Posts

© 2021 Cardongle | All Rights Reserved

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.

You have Successfully Subscribed!