Notifications
Clear all

v1.5 tester units shipping

88 Posts
14 Users
17 Likes
Hamood_aslawi@hotmail.com
(@hamood_aslawihotmail-com)

I need help after i make last update notification come ( update google service ) when i prss update i canot any help

ReplyQuote
AP756
(@ap756)
Moderator Moderator

Hamood, I'm not sure I'm able to understand your problem. Please read here (others had problems too to complete the update). Let us know some more details if your problem persists.

Bye for now  Fred

ReplyQuote
sethm61
(@sethm61)
Trusted Member

Backer # 3895:

Back in April of 2021 I asked for v 1.5 and you guys ack'd my mail.  Yet last week I re'c v1.

Pls send me v 1.5 asap.  Here is YOUR acknowledgment:

Date: Thu, Apr 8, 2021 at 2:53 AM
Subject: Re: Waiting for v1.5 cardongle fix
To: Seth M. <whereisseth@gmail.com>

Thanks for confirming that you're willing to wait for the new and
improved V1.5 CarDongle. We'll test that the GPS antenna works properly
before resuming production and then shipping your unit.

We've added you to the queue of next batch of shipments for the v1.5
CarDongle.  We'll email you tracking in Late May / Early June when your
v1.5 unit ships out.

Thanks for your patience and support!

ReplyQuote
AP756
(@ap756)
Moderator Moderator

I'm sure you all read https://cardongle.dev/community/news-community/37-update-on-indiegogo/#post-1775

This is the provisional time line. Cardongle had a "bumpy" start and they try hard to to get things back to normal. Patience is the key 

Bye for now  Fred

ReplyQuote
sethm61
(@sethm61)
Trusted Member

1. Hoping they recognize I requested v1.5
2. Yes saw that post and they also wrote to me to update via the Mirroid app. But how?  Neither the car or my Samsung S22 sees the droid, so a OTA update is not possible. Tried via my PC - the download started then failed. 

I do not have a working droid.

ReplyQuote
peacock93
(@peacock93)
Eminent Member

I received my V1.5 the other day. Tried it this morning, after updating it via Mirroid, in my 2020 Dodge Durango with UConnect NAV head unit. I am located in Indiana in the USA. It booted right up and Netflix and YouTube work fine. So, I went to the GPS Test App. I have it installed on my Android phone as well. I start the App on my phone and CD with my phone sitting directly under the CD. I can see 2 Satellites but not connected to either on the CD. I can see 47 Satellites and connected to 40 of them with 3D Fix connection on my phone. So, I'm in the same place I was with V1.0. Without GPS I just don't have a use for CD. 

Do we know whether the GPS is a Hardware or Software problem at this point?

ReplyQuote
AP756
(@ap756)
Moderator Moderator

@peacock93, please don't forget to set your location and then be patient. First fix can take some minutes, after initial fix picking up your location is much faster. My rating: GPS is adequate and can be improved by optimizing reception strategy. For example the speed reported in standstill varies between 0 and 10 km/h (see pic) and the amount of used satellites is quite small (compared to a modern mobile phone). I'm sure developers try to improve that behavior.

Bye for now  Fred

peacock93 reacted
ReplyQuote
peacock93
(@peacock93)
Eminent Member

@ap756 thank you Fred! I'll double check that my location is set. I have a 40 minute drive to work so I'll give it a shot on my way home from work today. Is 40 minutes enough for the first connections?

ReplyQuote
AP756
(@ap756)
Moderator Moderator

@peacock93, if possible startup Cardongle and wait for 5 minutes standing at the same place with a good view to the sky (no parking garage of course). Otherwise it is possible that Cardongle get confused due to moving signals and doesn't lock satellites (have learned that some 20 years ago with old hardware).

Bye for now  Fred

This post was modified 1 month ago by AP756

ReplyQuote
peacock93
(@peacock93)
Eminent Member

@ap756 Hey Fred,

So far GPS is a no go. Location set and active in settings. Set still in open parking lot at work for 10 minutes after startup and still no satellites found. Drove 40 miles home and still no satellites found. I will try a cable extender to get the unit up on my dash just to see if it works.

Any other ideas?

I installed Car Launcher and wow what a difference that makes! I love everything about CD but driving crazy that the GPS still isn't working after all this time. That was the main issue with V1. 0.

Oh well, thanks for your help and any help in the future. Much appreciated!

Larry

2 satellites just popped up. Both have very weak signals (25 & 23). I'll leave my truck sit outside and check back in about 15 more minutes. 

This post was modified 1 month ago by peacock93

ReplyQuote
AP756
(@ap756)
Moderator Moderator

@peacock93 Hi Larry, good start 😊. Seems like a location problem (Cardongle thinks it's still in China). If it doesn't fixed now please try to reset GPS data by using "gps reset com - gps repair" from Playstore (sorry about the adverts). I'm sure it'll work 

Bye for now  Fred 

ReplyQuote
peacock93
(@peacock93)
Eminent Member

@ap756 you're the man! When I went back out after about 20 minutes it showed 23 satellites in view and 7 in use with a 3D fix and 5 meter accuracy.

Went for a drive using Waze and it worked pretty well. Dropped on me a few times but nothing major. Other apps using GPS are also working. Slow but working.

So now that it has had some satellite positions it should work a lot quicker?

Thanks again!

Larry

ReplyQuote
AP756
(@ap756)
Moderator Moderator

@peacock93 Thanks for the feedback Larry. Another problem solved 😀. Yes, should be faster from now on (it still learns some GPS data).

Bye for now  Fred 

ReplyQuote
Page 6 / 6
Share:

We are made up of a team of passionate programmers, industrial designers and Infotainment lovers who wanted to innovate the way Infotainment  is used in modern day vehicles.

Latest Posts

© 2021 Cardongle | All Rights Reserved

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.

You have Successfully Subscribed!