4 Users
2 Likes
AP756
(@ap756)
Moderator Moderator
Topic starter  

CarDongle FW updates, Next Batch ETA

Hello CarDongle Backers!

The new CarDongle firmware for v1.0 and v1.5 has been released. You can update via OTA update. If your stereo no longer reads it, please connect your CarDongle to your PC using the Mirroid app: http://mirroid.com

We'll post the fw download on our support forums as well.

Batch shipped and more Components Arriving soon

We assembled a batch and shipped out last week. We estimate that it will be around 2-3 weeks until we have components to complete the next batch. If you haven't received tracking email, then your order is still in queue. Check your email's junk/spam folder just in case. Email us if you have any questions: info@cardongle.co

Support forums fixed

If you've received your unit and you need support, then check out our CarDongle.dev support forums: Forums

Thanks for your continued patience and support!

CarDongle Team

Topic Tags
Oldman3D
(@oldman3d)

Got the email too, any clue what has been corrected or fixed?  I have look around and found nothing as of yet.

ReplyQuote
AP756
(@ap756)
Moderator Moderator
Topic starter  

@oldman3d The update-message came faster than the rest :-). Please wait another day before getting nervous. Regarding change log: Got no official note, but I'm sure Android Auto will be updated to version 8.1.xxx and some problems (hopefully StateManager etc ) will be addressed. If my "radar" is correct some of the connection problems with version 1.0 and 1.5 and some head units will be sorted. We'll see.

Bye for now  Fred

ReplyQuote
Oldman3D
(@oldman3d)

@ap756 Thanks Fred

AP756 reacted
ReplyQuote
Scorp
(@scorp)

There is no OTA update for me (V1.0) in mirroid (or smart updater). I have 2.4.64 installed and it keeps telling me that this is the latest one.

ReplyQuote
Oldman3D
(@oldman3d)

@scorp Need to wait...  Read Freds Reply

AP756 reacted
ReplyQuote
wtebbens
(@wtebbens)

Hi there CarDongle team,

back in November 2020 I contributed to the IndieGoGo campaign. and after several delays, which were to be expected, the dongles would be delivered to me in 2021. Nothing has arrived at my place, despite the promises. How can I be sure I get my dongles now? Good luck anyway, and fingers crossed once more.

ReplyQuote
AP756
(@ap756)
Moderator Moderator
Topic starter  

@wtebbens To make you feel better please contact Carbotics as described _here_. They slip in and out of COVID restrictions and their time schedule changes all the time. Unfortunately this is force majeure...

Bye for now  Fred 

ReplyQuote
Scorp
(@scorp)

Still no firmware update 🙁

ReplyQuote
AP756
(@ap756)
Moderator Moderator
Topic starter  

@scorp Unfortunately you're correct. I don't know what happened. The only two reasons I can suspect: Another lockdown and/or the announcement of Google (official since Sept. 27th): Android Auto gets the next update to version 8.2.xxx (which should correct some more car connection problems). Doesn't matter which reason, we just got another delay...

Bye for now  Fred

ReplyQuote
Share:

We are made up of a team of passionate programmers, industrial designers and Infotainment lovers who wanted to innovate the way Infotainment  is used in modern day vehicles.

Latest Posts

© 2021 Cardongle | All Rights Reserved

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.

You have Successfully Subscribed!