#38 Update on Indiegogo

23 Posts
6 Users
3 Likes
AP756
(@ap756)
Moderator Moderator
Topic starter  

@scorp and @sethm61: Will send an email to Cardongle team.

@admin: The update Cardongle team promised in update #38 never made it on air (no OTA) or into the forum as requested _here_. Please upload and share somewhere and let us know how to get it. Thanks in advance and greetings from your only and sole moderator.

Bye for now  Fred

First response: Hello Cardongle Fan,
We've received your email.
We will reply to you within 2-4 business days.
We're busy catching up on emails.
Thanks for your patience and support!

CarDongle Team

This post was modified 3 months ago 2 times by AP756

ReplyQuote
sethm61
(@sethm61)
Trusted Member

@ap756 it’s been over 4 days for me.  Good luck!

ReplyQuote
Nokiaman1978
(@nokiaman1978)
Eminent Member

as per update 39 still no upgrade ota or with the link to firmware, link is dead? not making this very easy for us backers, simple stuff getting so wrong?

ReplyQuote
AP756
(@ap756)
Moderator Moderator
Topic starter  

@nokiaman1978 Simple answer: Yes 😉 

Just to tell you my point of view: We are talking to Cardongle team, a couple of people who want to bring a new product to the market. They've got a really good concept, but they needed to have some companies to provide parts, another to assemble the hardware (both somewhere in the world, not local), they got a (part time) software developer who has other projects running at the same time and they have customers who want it NOW. From my experience this calls for trouble like we saw over the last two years. I'm sure nobody is happy with this situation, but sometimes shit happens...

Regarding the software update they promised: I think we will get it one day, if their only programmer sets his priority high enough to do the work he promised to do (just guessing, I have no proof) and then we will get the update we are waiting for. We need patience, lots of patience. In the long run we'll have a working solution. Enough words, let us keep up our hopes.

Bye for now  Fred

ReplyQuote
sethm61
(@sethm61)
Trusted Member

Fred, based on past experience not sure I share in your optimism.  If an update does come out soon, will it fix what I think I have is a dead / non functioning device?

ReplyQuote
Nokiaman1978
(@nokiaman1978)
Eminent Member

@ap756 patience is thin tbh like i said they are not helping things , why announce a firmware update last month that wasnt there? and now another update to say yet again its there but its not?, creating this issue for themselves, even posting a broken link? doesnt build confidence, i know what i signed up for and to even have the product in my hand is a good thing with some still waiting , works fine mirroring on pc so i can see it works, their support if you can call it that is very poor! maybe wait unit update is actually available before posting ? hopefully either way there will be some end to this madness either a working product or they hold their hands up and say game over?

ReplyQuote
AP756
(@ap756)
Moderator Moderator
Topic starter  

@nokiaman1978 and @sethm61: I just pointed out what is my expectation. This is based on my experience of some decades dealing with people from Asia. Their mentality tends to the principle "if not today, then tomorrow or the day after" but in the long run they are able to achieve what they wanted. It's just a matter of time. When the new update arrives we'll get all Cardongles to work (as long as they are not grilled or fried).

Bye for now  Fred

This post was modified 3 months ago 2 times by AP756

ReplyQuote
Nokiaman1978
(@nokiaman1978)
Eminent Member

@ap756 have too agree not easiest to deal with, they reply quickly but dont grasp what your looking for or trying to explain, then suddenly 3 weeks later and many messages they undersatnd and resolve issue

AP756 reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share:

We are made up of a team of passionate programmers, industrial designers and Infotainment lovers who wanted to innovate the way Infotainment  is used in modern day vehicles.

Latest Posts

© 2021 Cardongle | All Rights Reserved

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.

You have Successfully Subscribed!