14 Posts
5 Users
2 Likes
Tommy
(@admin)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

CarDongle Connection issues troubleshoot steps:

Step 1a: is to confirm that your stereo has Android Auto factory installed.
Your stereo must have an Android Auto icon/logo in the menus if it was factory installed.
Check Android's list here (but this isn't the complete lis): https://www.android.com/auto/compatibility/

Step 1b: Try using the CarDongle on a friend's stereo which is confirmed to have Android Auto installed.

We may need to add to support for your car stereo's model.

Step 2: plug CarDongle into your laptop/desktop's USB port until the light changes colors
The light should be orange. Wait 4-5 minutes until the light is blue. Like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21b1P_gWYc8&t=10s

The try plugging the Cardongle back into your stereo.

Step 3: Connect to Mirroid on computer to make sure unit is functional

You can now try connecting the CarDongle to your PC using the Mirroid App:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcUaQKhGX9Q

Step 4: Post on forum here: https://cardongle.dev/forums/topic/connecting-cardongle-to-stereo-trouble-shooting-steps/

Step 5: After you've completed steps, 1-5, please contact info@cardongle.dev

--------------
NOTE: if your units is working already, then no need to upgrade firmware. You can wait for the next OTA update (will see notification when you connect CarDongle to car stereo).

After updating firmware, Please plug your unit into a USB port on PC until the light changes from orange to blue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21b1P_gWYc8

Hope this helps!

mclellan83
(@mclellan83)

I am having trouble with getting this to work on a Joying head unit, it is plugged in and shows the orange. When I pull the top menu down it shows that it is connected but when I click on it nothing happens. I left it plugged in for a long time and nothing happened, can't seem to work out what else to try?

ReplyQuote
mclellan83
(@mclellan83)

https://imgur.com/gallery/HJ0mSHy

Here is what I get on the one unit, the other it just stays orange because although there is Android Auto I can't find the app in the unit to start this circle

ReplyQuote
mclellan83
(@mclellan83)

Not sure why the other thread got deleted but still no luck with using a USB hub, left it plugged in for over 20 minutes and it never changed from the orange

https://imgur.com/gallery/9qgNXEN

ReplyQuote
Tommy
(@admin)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

@mcllelan, Thanks for posting your video. From the video, we can see that your car stereo does not have Android Auto factory installed. If AA was factory installed, then you would be able to see the Android Auto logo/button in the stereo's navigation. Please try plugging the CarDongle into a car whose stereo has AA "factory-installed" (cars after 2018 generally have stereos that have AA installed). If your car/stereo was released before 2017/2018, it doesn't have Android Auto factory installed. Hope this helps!

ReplyQuote
mclellan83
(@mclellan83)

@Tommy, thank you for replying but it does actually have AA installed from the factory. That is the screen when you click the AA logo in the app drawer. Both head units I have had AA installed from the factory, the other one is slightly older I believe so doesn't seem to run the latest of it

ReplyQuote
mclellan83
(@mclellan83)

Was really hoping for a resolution to this??????

ReplyQuote
Nokiaman1978
(@nokiaman1978)
Eminent Member

@mclellan83 i think you are confused mate?, the joying unit you have is a full android device, yes it has android auto installed but this dongle isnt designed to work like your expecting, on an oem radio with car play or aa plugging this card dongle in will give you android on the oem head unit, you already have a full android head unit with no need for cardongle tbh as you have all the functions and more on the joying unit as its full android ?, does this make sence?

AP756 reacted
ReplyQuote
mclellan83
(@mclellan83)

@nokiaman1978 

Yes I am aware that my units have actually more power and ability than this Dongle, what I was told is that I could plug it in and have control over my unit.  The reason I need this is Joying and many of the unit makers lock down the bluetooth ability.  I want the ability to control my air ride and headlights through my head unit which is only possible by running a different operating system with its own bluetooth ability which I was told this has

ReplyQuote
Nokiaman1978
(@nokiaman1978)
Eminent Member

the dongle does have this capability but not with your current head unit

ReplyQuote
mclellan83
(@mclellan83)

@nokiaman1978 why not with my unit? They had claimed all units? It has android auto

ReplyQuote
Scorp
(@scorp)

My CD worked in both of my cars, though after the recent update it stopped working with one of the cars (despite the fact both cars still work with the phones AA). I tried connecting to PC via mirroid, but getting same error, the CD changes color from blue to orange. Any recommendations?

ReplyQuote
AP756
(@ap756)
Moderator Moderator

@scorp that's really bad to hear. There seem to be some new bugs in the "updated" transport protocol. Two ways to solver your problem: Wait for the next update (was due last week, unfortunately Cardongle again is under quarantine) or you downgrade using the info _here_.

It's a bit tricky to downgrade, so I think waiting is the better way (and we are used to that). For the time being you can only use one of your head unit - better than none. Sorry to have no better answer for you.

Bye for now  Fred

Oh, forgot to ask: Which car works, which not. This information is useful for the developers. Thanks in advance

This post was modified 2 weeks ago by AP756

ReplyQuote
Scorp
(@scorp)

Thanks for your reply. I will have to wait for a new FW release.

As for the cars, tha one that CD  still works with is Murano 2019, the one that cannot  recognize it anymore is Escalade 2018.

AP756 reacted
ReplyQuote
Share:

We are made up of a team of passionate programmers, industrial designers and Infotainment lovers who wanted to innovate the way Infotainment  is used in modern day vehicles.

Latest Posts

© 2021 Cardongle | All Rights Reserved

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.

You have Successfully Subscribed!