Clear all

Multiple Issues

30 Posts
3 Users
3 Likes
flipkid2
(@flipkid2)
Topic starter  

I am having multiple issues that I hope there will be solutions for.

1 – ALWAYS get “StateManager stopped working” error.

2 – GPS position mostly inaccurate and sometimes unusable.  It gets worse as time goes on.  It was not like this at the beginning.

3 – CarDongle overheats causing a black screen (USB port is inside the center console).  Also happens when I leave the CarDongle hanging outside of the center console.

4 – CarDongle is slow and glitchy when reacting to touch screen.  It gets worse as time goes on.  It was not this slow and glitchy at the beginning.

AP756
(@ap756)
Moderator Moderator

@flipkid2, I don't know the history of your device, so my answer is "universal".

- check software release. Latest is OS version 2.4.52 and SW version 2.3.76

- If you read lower numbers please update.

- Please do a factory reset, something seems to be "knotted" and your Cardongle runs in circles generating lots of heat and no performance.

- GPS reception is highly depending on the position of the antenna in the car. Please try an extension cable to relocate the dongle closer to the top of the dashboard. Keep in mind that high buildings will restrict reception. Outside of town centres the reception should be good enough for an accurate positioning.

Please let us know how it works for you after reset/update. Thanks.

Bye for now  Fred

This post was modified 2 months ago by AP756

ReplyQuote
flipkid2
(@flipkid2)
Topic starter  

@ap756 I am running the latest OS but I will try the factory reset to see if that helps.

As for the issue with the GPS, I am not driving anywhere different that I did when I first started using the CarDongle.  I am unable to relocate it closer to the dashboard as my USB port is inside my center console. 

When I first started using the CarDongle, everything was fine with it being located inside the center console.  GPS was perfect and it didn't overheat.  As soon as I had the first instance of overheating, I purchased a small extension cord and left it hanging outside the center console.  It made no difference.  It still kept overheating as well as the GPS and the responsiveness getting worse on top if the inconvenience and sloppy look of having it hanging out the side of the center console.

I will update after I reset it.

Thank you!

ReplyQuote
AP756
(@ap756)
Moderator Moderator

Looks like a software glitch. Reinstall your programs one by one. Takes some time but you're able to separate the "problem program".

Bye for now  Fred

ReplyQuote
flipkid2
(@flipkid2)
Topic starter  

@ap756 I did a factory reset.

- I IMMEDIATELY got the “StateManager stopped working” error.  It came up on the initial setup screen.

- With no other apps besides what was preinstalled, it overheated and gave me the black screen for a few seconds.  I turned off the LED light in hopes that it helps a little but I'm not too           optimistic as it was not that part of the CorDongle that was hot to the touch. 

- It was also immediately slow and glitchy when responding to the touch screen gestures (with no new apps installed).

- The GPS seems to be ok so far.  It's still not nearly as accurate as it was originally.

I am really hoping that the constant overheating is not continually causing permanent damage. 

ReplyQuote
AP756
(@ap756)
Moderator Moderator

@flipkid2, as long as your Cardongle stays below 60°C it works without a problem, no harm done.

Regarding State Manager I'm quite sure something went wrong with your system update. Unfortunately to correct this you have to flash the system using your PC and SP Flash Tools for MTK processors, which is a bit "cumbersome" if you haven't done it before. Watch https://youtu.be/k7X6X9tktWo to get an idea. Additional info:

Most common problem: Order of actions.
- disconnect dongle
- start SP Flashtool
- select scatter MT6765_Android_scatter.txt
- select download
- start download process
- now connect dongle and wait

If this doesn't work check your drivers, start SP Flashtool as administrator and try until it works.

After the reflash all should work as accurate as designed (your problems will be solved) and you can start to use your Cardongle again.

Bye for now  Fred

ReplyQuote
Rickp
(@rickp)

@flipkid2 I'm having the same problem, as of right now I've given up on this! This is useless if you can't text and call.

Maybe someday they'll have an update. 

ReplyQuote
flipkid2
(@flipkid2)
Topic starter  

@ap756

I downloaded the SP Flash Tool but where do I get the "MT6765_Android_scatter.txt" file?

Thank you!

ReplyQuote
AP756
(@ap756)
Moderator Moderator

@flipkid2, it's part of the update file located here (latest software as of 28.07.2022): https://cardongle.dev/community/postid/1520/

Bye for now  Fred 

ReplyQuote
flipkid2
(@flipkid2)
Topic starter  

@ap756 

I downloaded the update file and followed the steps in the video but it did not work.

- I started SP Flashtool (as administrator).
  - I selected scatter MT6765_Android_scatter.txt
  - I selected download and upgrade (as in the video)
  - I clicked download
  - I connected the CarDongle and nothing happened.  I left it connected for at least 10 minutes and absolutely nothing happened.

Thank you,

Scott

ReplyQuote
AP756
(@ap756)
Moderator Moderator

Hi Scott, sounds like missing drivers. Please download the relevant Windows driver from here: https://androidmtk.com/download-mtk-usb-all-drivers

After installing and one reboot of your computer it should work as described

Bye for now  Fred

ReplyQuote
flipkid2
(@flipkid2)
Topic starter  

@ap756 

After 4 tries, I was finally able to get the CarDongle to update.  I kept getting the solid orange light and it would not connect to the car the first few times.

BUT.....Even after the successful update, I am still getting the “StateManager stopped working” error.

As for the other issues, I will have to test it for a few days and see what happens.

Thank you,

Scott

ReplyQuote
AP756
(@ap756)
Moderator Moderator

Scott, please do another factory reset and let the system optimize (running for more than 10 minutes without interfering). Hopefully after completing this you got a working Cardongle. Sorry for the inconveniences 

Bye for now  Fred 

ReplyQuote
flipkid2
(@flipkid2)
Topic starter  

@ap756 

I will try again, but just an FYI, this is what I did:

After updating, I plugged the CarDongle into the car.  It went through a series of different color lights.  During a period of about 5 minutes, it went from flashing blue, to to solid blue, to a circling yellow, to one flash of white, to a solid orange.  After it got to orange, I left it for at least another 5 minutes with no change.  After unplugging it and the plugging it back in again, I still ended up with an orange light. 

I remembered seeing a post about the orange light that said that plugging it into the computer should solve the issue.  I tried it with no luck.  This happened 2 or 3 times.

The last time, I ran the update and then plugged it back into the computer BEFORE plugging it into the car.  It went through the same series of light changes and ended up on orange.  After leaving it plugged in to the computer for another few minutes, I tried plugging it into the car.  Then FINALLY, the CarDongle booted up.  I went through the initial set up and it said something about leaving it on so it can optimize and that it will take about 10 minutes.  A few minutes into the optimization, the “StateManager stopped working” error popped up.  I still left it plugged in (for 15 minutes) with the hope that it would correct the error, but it didn't.  The next time that it booted up, I got the error message again.

Thank you,

Scott

ReplyQuote
AP756
(@ap756)
Moderator Moderator

@admin, Tommy, time for you to jump in. I never saw the "State Manager" shutting down. Please forward Scotts message to the developers.

Scott, thanks for writing this extensive report. This way developers get help to sort another problem. Please do another factory reset. Hopefully this will sort out the failure message. Otherwise I'm running out of ideas and we have to wait for a response from developers.

Bye for now  Fred 

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share:

We are made up of a team of passionate programmers, industrial designers and Infotainment lovers who wanted to innovate the way Infotainment  is used in modern day vehicles.

Latest Posts

© 2021 Cardongle | All Rights Reserved

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.

You have Successfully Subscribed!