Stable blue light b...

Notifications
Clear all

Stable blue light but not connecting to head unit.

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
pigsy
(@pigsy)
Topic starter  

My CarDongle had been working on my head unit after I first received it, but now after a month or so of not using it, it no longer connects to my head unit.  All I see on the head unit screen is the Android Auto user preferences screen. My Cardongle has a steady blue light. It also works fine on my laptop using Mirroid.  I also have the latest software and firmware updates. Please help.

AP756
(@ap756)
Moderator Moderator

@pigsy Unfortunately this is a problem a few users mentioned (including me). With the update to version 2.4.64 something broke in the transfer protocol. The update to correct this was announced _here_ but it didn't arrive yet (01.10.2022). The reason for this delay is not known, if not Covid Cardongle team probably waits for the final release of Android Auto 8.2.xxx to implement the latest corrections. Sorry to have no better info, but it seems like you have to wait again (like me and the others) for a functioning Cardongle :-(.

Bye for now  Fred

This post was modified 2 months ago by AP756

ReplyQuote
erangel1995
(@erangel1995)

@ap756 hey my dongle use to work fine now each time i connect to car all it does is blink blue light never connects, if i plug it in the computer i cant make mirroid work also what is going on help

ReplyQuote
AP756
(@ap756)
Moderator Moderator

@erangel1995 Without a bit more background I think I can't help you much. Something changed (Car battery removed, Carbotics updated, ...). First of all reboot your head unit (Cardongle inserted, 30 seconds wait) and if you are lucky your Cardongle will be recognized again. Please be patient. Cardongle will try to establish the connection and might reboot a couple of times before it finds the correct settings. Let us know your findings. Thanks

Bye for now  Fred

ReplyQuote
Share:

We are made up of a team of passionate programmers, industrial designers and Infotainment lovers who wanted to innovate the way Infotainment  is used in modern day vehicles.

Latest Posts

© 2021 Cardongle | All Rights Reserved

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.

You have Successfully Subscribed!