Clear all

Weird background music in the background

22 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
LupaioliS
(@lupaiolis)
Topic starter  

Hello, i noticed after a while of using, that there is a background music (like a menu jingle repeating) playing in very low volume, no apps are running in the background and I tried to kill every process and the background music doesn't stop. Anyone knows what that music is?

Thanks 

V1.5 latest update 

Topic Tags
AP756
(@ap756)
Moderator Moderator

Never had a problem like this. One reason can be that your head unit's radio interferes (change broadcast channel to transmit "white noise") or there is a program on Cardongle going bonkers. If this would happen to me I'd do a factory reset. Keep us informed what you found out.

Bye for now  Fred 

ReplyQuote
LupaioliS
(@lupaiolis)
Topic starter  

@ap756 i checked that the music comes from android auto on the head unit and not from the radio.. I will try to find out what's going on

ReplyQuote
AP756
(@ap756)
Moderator Moderator

@lupaiolis Hope you didn't install too many programs. Before doing a factory reset please write down the software and firmware numbers (I've got OS 2.4.64 and SW 2.3.86). Thanks in the name of all forum member who benefit from your findings.

Bye for now  Fred 

ReplyQuote
LupaioliS
(@lupaiolis)
Topic starter  

@ap756 only thing installed is Torque pro, maybe is that but I don't reckon a menu song and also the app is forced close, is there anyway to understand the opened processes hidden in background

ReplyQuote
AP756
(@ap756)
Moderator Moderator

@lupaiolis First of all install "open settings" (DXIdev) from Playstore. If you can't find the problem in Android you might root your device (see Tutorials&Guides) and then you can be the boss of your Cardongle :-). By the way Torque pro isn't the problem (most used program on my dongle).

Bye for now  Fred 

ReplyQuote
LupaioliS
(@lupaiolis)
Topic starter  

@ap756 please take a listen at the video

No apps running
No Bluetooth activated on the phone just hotspot wifi
If I lower the volume on audio settings using open settings app it doesn't change 

How to replicate:

Enable audio from Bluetooth to get the top right icon and tap on it

Video link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YacakBV2oJ1aVQtjciHIbQtC6K-DwA4K/view?usp=drivesdk

ReplyQuote
AP756
(@ap756)
Moderator Moderator

@lupaiolis Watched your video. Please do a factory reset and start from scratch. 

Bye for now  Fred 

ReplyQuote
LupaioliS
(@lupaiolis)
Topic starter  

@ap756 did, the problem still there.. u sure you don't hear anything? The volume is very very low and you have to turn up the volume to the roof

ReplyQuote
AP756
(@ap756)
Moderator Moderator

@lupaiolis Sure, I heard your problem. This is a typical electrical noise caused by crosstalk and electrical interference. What I can't interpret from your video is the source of the music and on which path this sound is injected. Will try to find the time to check my setup tomorrow. Probably this problem exists for all of us and we didn't realize until now...

Bye for now  Fred 

This post was modified 1 week ago by AP756

ReplyQuote
LupaioliS
(@lupaiolis)
Topic starter  

@ap756 wait you hear just electrical noise? Don't worry about the electrical noise is my amplifier.. just listen when I press the Bluetooth audio button on the top right corner.. a music starts playing and keep repeating, I had to turn up the volume because the music is played super low volume

ReplyQuote
AP756
(@ap756)
Moderator Moderator

@lupaiolis Yes, this kind of music is electrical noise for me 😀 (just joking). Well, in technical terms there is an unwanted electromagnetic transmission from radio receiver (sounds like radio) to the Cardongle I suppose due to insufficient shielding of your radio receiver or Cardongle. One of both aren't fully compliant to the electromagnetic compatibility directive 2004/108/EC. Maybe repositioning Cardongle using an extension cable would help. If you cannot live with interference like that and you are not able to sort the problem with your head unit/amplifier you might discuss with Cardongle about sending it back. Sorry to have no better answer for you.

Bye for now  Fred 

ReplyQuote
LupaioliS
(@lupaiolis)
Topic starter  

@ap756 you didn't listen to the videovif you are talking about interference... .. Literally a MUSIC, a music file starts playing from Android when I press that button.... why you keep talking about radio interference

ReplyQuote
AP756
(@ap756)
Moderator Moderator

@lupaiolis Please carefully read my mail again. I'm sure you'll be able to understand. I already explained that I hear the music and I already explained why you and me can hear it. And you got an info how to do countermeasures. What else do you want to hear?

Bye for now  Fred 

ReplyQuote
LupaioliS
(@lupaiolis)
Topic starter  

@ap756 you explained that is an interference but is not it comes from some app in the CarDongle there is no such radio that plays that music repeating forever, I'm telling you that is a file playing from the button press ! I tested on pc also

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share:

We are made up of a team of passionate programmers, industrial designers and Infotainment lovers who wanted to innovate the way Infotainment  is used in modern day vehicles.

Latest Posts

© 2021 Cardongle | All Rights Reserved

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.

You have Successfully Subscribed!