Notifications
Clear all

Won't complete update

Rickp
(@rickp)
Topic starter  

I received my dongle and when I went to update it, the unit froze and would not complete the update now what?

AP756
(@ap756)
Moderator Moderator

Posted by: @rickp

I received my dongle and when I went to update it, the unit froze and would not complete the update now what?

Hi Rick, first of all: Is it V1 or V1.5? Does the unit still boot? If yes start Settings -> System Information (in the section with the gear wheel) and see which firmware the unit reports: For V1 this reads OS 2.4.50 and SW 2.3.63 and for V1.5 this should read OS version 2.4.50, SW version 2.3.74. Hopefully you waited at least 10 minutes before removing the dongle from power and therefore the updater could do its work in the background. In this case just ignore the "hickup" from the OTA installer. Another update (Android Auto update) will come shortly.

Bye for now  Fred

ReplyQuote
Tommy
(@admin)
Member Admin

There is a circle that fills in after the update is finished. Once that is filled in, you can unplug and then re-insert and it will continue optimizing. It is best to not remove the device though if you can wait.

2022 05 03 222403662

This post was modified 3 weeks ago 2 times by Tommy

ReplyQuote
Rickp
(@rickp)
Topic starter  

@ap756 OK it looks like it updated but I'm not getting any text on the screen. 

ReplyQuote
AP756
(@ap756)
Moderator Moderator

@rickp

install "Mirroid" and start it. Then connect Cardongle to the USB of your computer and wait for a start. Take your time (can be up to 5 minutes for boot up). If it works in the emulator try it again in your car.

Bye for now. Fred

ReplyQuote
Rickp
(@rickp)
Topic starter  
  1. Once I do that my text will come through? 

ReplyQuote
Share:

We are made up of a team of passionate programmers, industrial designers and Infotainment lovers who wanted to innovate the way Infotainment  is used in modern day vehicles.

Latest Posts

© 2021 Cardongle | All Rights Reserved

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.

You have Successfully Subscribed!